We're looking for a new teammate and give you the opportunity to be part of a fascinating journey. Over the last ten years, we've seen incredible growth – driven by a talented and versatile yet small team. The social apps in our portfolio have been downloaded more than 100M times. It has worked well so far, but now we want more, and we're about to launch a completely new app that offers live interactive social experiences for friends or to meet new people based on audio.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) with strong experience, and you will be an essential part of our bootstrapped and 100% remote company. The position is full-time. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key role.
WE OFFER YOU
- a great work-life balance - work whenever you want from wherever you are. Results - not hours. We care about what you achieve.
- no bullshit - we are a fact- and engineering-driven company
- to work on something important. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people find new friends, love, and happiness.
- 30 days paid vacation
- a competitive salary
- work on the backend for our award-winning apps that are used by millions of users on a monthly basis
- be part of our cross-functional product scrum team that is responsible for the backend of the mobile app, and service architecture
- work on the mobile apps API, data processing, and interfacing with different components of our platform and external services
- take ownership of features, tools, and services
- work agile with a highly motivated and innovative lean team of experts and people that love what they do
An ideal candidate is a hungry self-starter with experience working in a variety of different languages. We admire teammates who take the initiative and make their own decisions. We're a bootstrapped company that doesn't have millions in VC funding to drive growth at all costs. We're building a sustainable, long-term company that our users love and we love working for.
- have SOLID programming skills in modern PHP (we run 🎱).
Bonus: You have experience with reactor-pattern implementations, ideally amphp
- can pragmatically apply DDD or hexagonal architecture
- are not intimidated by distributed services like Cassandra or Kafka
- already packaged and deployed applications with Docker and Kubernetes
- love getting things done - You never give up, when it’s getting difficult. It’s a challenge to master every situation.
- are self-motivated, and comfortable working remotely with the minimal direction
- preferably have experience working on a mobile app with a large userbase
- you speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we'd be delighted to receive your complete application, including references and your portfolio.